Total Pageviews

  • Posts
  • Comments
  • Pageviews

Monday, June 15, 2015

Comments - Let's Get Some!

There, as of yet, been zero comments on any of the posts. It is much easier for all of us to discuss things if we can read each others comments.

If you have google, its easy.

Now as myself:

1. Typed in a comment.
2. Pulled down to Google.
3. Clicked publish
4. It brought me to a Google login page. I logged in

Livejournal, Wordpress, Typepad and Aim are just as simple as google.

OpenID is the last option and a little stranger.

Check http://openid.net/get-an-openid/ to see if you already have one, or google your email address. Dad's email is @prodigy.net so he would get the following result:

Let's google "where are prodigy's email accounts now run"

Scrolling down we see Yahoo now owns prodigy

Let's have "Robert" make a comment

1. I clicked to add a comment.
2. I used the pulldown to select OpenID.
3. I put the address of "YAHOO.COM" which is who controls Dad's email server.
4. I hit publish.
5. It brought me to a page to verify i was dad.

You can click the "Notify me" check box to be told when someone replies to a discussion you have been involved in.

Google, Livejournal, Typepad, OpenID, Wordpress and AIM are best.

OpenID includes: Yahoo, Hyves, Blogger, Flickr, Orange, Mixi, myspace Verisign and Aol

Next would be name/url. Use your real name, but any url will work. see the comments below! :)

Worst is anonymous. If you chose anonymous, identify yourself with full name at the in your post. It is safe to put your email address in an anonymous post as no one looks at this blog in the "outside of dad's friends world". And spam filters are really good now.

Mom you could comment by picking OpenID and putting in sbcglobal.net

I also get an instantaneous email about any comments, so if by some fluke spam bots start showing up suggesting the can "mighty my penis", I can delete the very easily.

10 comments:

  1. Now Peter as Peter, but on Joycelyn's computer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Peter Posting Anonymously. BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter Posing Anonymously using Name/URL

    I Gave my Name as Peter Berbec
    and the URL as http://www.berbec.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Commander in cheif here!

    Name: Barak Obama
    URL: https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/president-obama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now for Something Very Silly.

    Name: Susan Berbec
    URL Used: http://www.singerco.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had trouble posting comments but seems to have worked now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So it takes either a lifetime of PC hacking abilities or an advanced mathematics degree to leave a comment, lol!

    ReplyDelete